Manchester United have been chasing Jadon Sancho for sometime and they’ve finally got their man. The 21 year old has spent the last 4 years at Borussia Dortmund and in that time has become one of the most exciting players in the world. In 137 appearances Sancho scored 50 times while making 64 assists. The youngster also got his hands on two trophies in his time at Dortmund winning the German Super cup in 2019 and the DFB-Pokal this season.
Individual achievements: Credit: Wikipedia
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship Golden Player: 2017
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2017
- Bundesliga Player of the Month: October 2018, February 2020, February 2021
- Bundesliga Goal of the Month: February 2019
- Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2018–19, 2019–20
- VDV Team of the Season: 2018–19
- kicker Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2018–19, 2019–20
- Goal.com NxGn: 2019
After being let go by Manchester City in 2017, Sancho will certainly have a point to prove now he is back in the Premier League. Dortmund will be sad to see him leave but the time has come for Sancho to make the next step in his career. He has all the attributes to go right to the very top.
The days of United looking lethargic, tired and sluggish going forward are long gone. At times last season they were to hot to handle. The front 5 are pacey, clever, energetic and would cause any team in the world problems. Adding Sancho to the mix will make United even more difficult to contain when going forward.
Manchester United will pay a fee of £72.9m for Jadon Sancho with the 21 year old signing a 5 year contract. Sancho will reportedly earn around £250,000 a week and will wear the number 25 shirt. He arrives with great expectation and everyone at United will be hoping he can hit the ground running.